Monday, August 11, 2014

Why Do You Ask. English Version (translated from Arabic)

 Why do you ask?

I walked in with my head held high and without shame. 

So, Why  do you ask? 

My blood is Arabian, quenched by the water of *Zamzam.

And my brothers in this universe are older and abundant. 

The night, the day, and the lions of the jungles know me. 
The lions bow for me and scare

I have a question for you before you ask?

Don't you know my forefathers?
They ruled the world before
And surpassed me.

Or is it that my feeble 
generation that made you forget that I am a grandchild to the admirals of the seas;
And I that am a prince ; son of a prince that was humbled over the years and more.

So why do you ask?

For this head;
This head is held High;
Full of pride;
Full of dreams and;
Full of majestic history;
A history that became old and forgot me.

So please, REMEMBER ME!

My forefathers made history 
And I am embarrassed that I squandered something beautiful and large

As I played and sported with my brothers, 
The  sea and the tide pulled us to a smaller future.

Heartbreak and woe to a generation that does not contemplate! 
To a generation that lost the most beautiful and precious thing an people can have :
Dignity;
Nobility;
And a reputation that opens the doors and more.

Oh ye asker,
 I don't blame you for asking for 
I neglected my homework and more.

My brothers and I inherited treasures and quickly squandered it.

This question awakened me to the bitter truth:
if I continue to dream, I will not DO.
So, let's WORK brothers
For our balance is zero in
The  international banks of nations
----------------------------
*zamzam is the name of a well in Mecca, Saudi Arabia which provides natural spring water to the millions of Muslim pilgrims who visit each year. The well is located a few meters east of the Ka'aba.

No comments:

Post a Comment